Wednesday, August 12, 2015

WEST COAST TOUR {Portland}

My family and I decided to take a road trip down the west coast beginning in Portland. We've already visited many major cities on the east coast and decided that it was time we visited major cities on the west coast, outside of California. The cities we decided to visit were Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, and Victoria. While in each city, I decided to take some photos of the foods I ate/enjoyed to share with you all! My phone was acting up throughout the trip so unfortunately I couldn't take photos of everything I ate! EEK!


Unfortunately for Portland, I didn't get to take many photos! Below are two places I tried and LOVED. I'll also list some other places for you guys to try while in Portland!

Side Note: PORTLAND is BEAUTIFUL! It was a small green city with small streets, filled with tons of cute cafes, and filled with genuinely nice people.




Salt& Straw Ice Cream: We were lucky that we got in line before it got really busy on a cloudy Saturday afternoon. They had an eclectic menu of ice cream flavors, pairing mostly sweet with savory flavors. I went with the Lavender and Honey flavor, which had the perfect balance of the two flavors- one flavor was not overpowering the other. I've never been very impressed with any ice cream shop and especially not interested in waiting in line( I've heard the lines can be crazy), but Salt & Straw lives up to the hype and was well worth the wait. 


Mothers Bistro& Bar:  You can't visit Portland without getting breakfast at Mother's! Breakfast was really good! A very long wait but worth it. Such a cute restaurant, the interior is decorated with chandeliers, pictures, and coffee mugs that say "call your mother" on them. The menu has your typical egg dishes, pancakes, waffles, French toast. I had the peach waffle! It was light, fluffy, and was topped with fresh peaches and home made whipped cream! 




Other Places: Blue Star Donuts, Tasty n Alder, Heart, Barista, and Bijou Cafe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS